1 the state of being included [ant: exclusion]
2 the relation of comprising something; "he admired the inclusion of so many ideas in such a short work" [syn: comprehension]
3 any small intracellular body found within another (characteristic of certain diseases); "an inclusion in the cytoplasm of the cell" [syn: inclusion body, cellular inclusion]
4 the act of including
addition or annex to a group, set or total
- Finnish: liite, lisäys
act of including, i.e. adding or annexing, (something) to a group, set or total
Inclusion may refer to:
- inclusion (disability rights), a term used to process of equitably including people with disabilities in society.
- inclusion (value and practice), the practice of including people in organizations.
- inclusion (education), the practice of integrating disabled students into schools.
- inclusion (mineral), a mineral or rock enclosed in a larger body of rock.
- inclusion bodies, the nuclear structures often found in biological cells at the sites of virus multiplication.
- inclusion (taxonomy), the process whereby two species that were believed to be distinct are found in fact to be the same and are thus combined as one species
- Include file, the inclusion of programming code with so-called include-files.
The term inclusion can also be used in mathematics in the following ways:
inclusion in German: Inklusion
inclusion in French: Inclusion
inclusion in Japanese: インクルージョン
inclusion in Polish: Inkluzja
Anschluss, absorption, addition, affiliation, agglomeration, aggregation, agreement, alignment, alliance, amalgamation, assimilation, association, beleaguerment, besetment, blend, blending, blockade, blockading, cabal, cahoots, cartel, centralization, cincture, circling, circumambience, circumambiency, circumcincture, circumflexion, circumjacence, circumposition, circumscription, classification, coadunation, coalescence, coalition, colleagueship, collegialism, collegiality, combination, combine, combo, composition, comradeship, confederacy, confederation, confinement, confraternity, congeries, conglomeration, conjugation, conjunction, consolidation, conspiracy, containment, copartnership, copartnery, cordoning, counting, ecumenism, embarrassment, embodiment, embracement, encincture, encirclement, enclosure, encompassment, enfoldment, engagement, enmeshment, enosis, entanglement, envelopment, environment, federalization, federation, fellowship, fraternalism, fraternity, fraternization, freemasonry, fusion, girding, girdling, grouping, hookup, immurement, implication, imprisonment, incarceration, incorporation, integration, involution, involvement, junction, junta, league, marriage, meld, melding, merger, numbering, package, package deal, partnership, quarantine, relation, siege, sodality, solidification, sorority, surrounding, syncretism, syndication, syneresis, synthesis, tie-in, tie-up, unification, union, wedding